Utah Data and Strategic Plans
The EPICC Program monitors statewide data to understand the impact of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity in Utah. The system of monitoring or tracking disease in a population is known as surveillance.
Surveillance helps us to understand:
- How many Utahns are affected by cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, and their risk factors, including physical inactivity and cigarette smoking.
- Subpopulations that have higher rates of cardiovascular disease compared to the general Utah population, such as older adults, men, and people who live in certain geographic areas.
- How the health of Utah's population compares to the health of the U.S. population.
- How the impact of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, and their risk factors changes over time.
Evidence-Based Community Programs
State Strategic Plans
- Utah Diabetes Prevention Strategic Plan 2015-2020
- Utah Nutrition and Physical Activity Plan 2010-2020
- Utah Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion State Plan 2014-2020
EPICC Program Fact Sheets
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Diabetes in Utah
- Diabetes Self-Management Education
- Evidence-Based Lifestyle Change Programs
- High Blood Pressure
- Obesity in Utah
National Data Fact Sheets
National and State Infographics
- A Snapshot - Diabetes in the United States
- Diabetes and Your Heart
- Have Your Heart in the Right Place
- Prediabetes - Could it be You?