Worksite Wellness Programs
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) supports preventive care and worksite wellness. These trainings provide a short over view of the ACA for small and large employers as well as for their employees. The trainings also talk about preventive services and worksite wellness provision in the ACA. Our ACA booklet (PDF) provides sample policies and other resources to create a work environment that supports health.
- Large Business Employee (.wmv video)
- Large Business Owner (.wmv video)
- Small Business Employee (.wmv video)
- Small Business Owner (.wmv video)
Worksite wellness programs have been developed and implemented by many companies and organizations. Below are highlights from some major health organizations with programs that are recommended for companies looking to incorporate health into their business.
- The Partnership for Prevention has created the "Healthy Workforce 2010 and Beyond" program that provides details about worksite wellness and what needs to be done in a company to have a successful program.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers the Healthier Worksite Initiative. This website discusses workforce health promotion and is a resource for generating ideas for a worksite wellness program. The website also offers program design, policies, and toolkits.
- The National Healthy Worksite Program provides employers with the tools to implement evidence-based worksite wellness programs to reduce chronic disease rates. The goal of this program is prevention and its role in reducing chronic disease and disability, as well as improving productivity outcomes to increase employers' competitiveness.
- The Partnership for Prevention has a program called, "Leading by Example." This program is for senior management and CEOs to learn about the benefits of worksite wellness programs. This program provides information on how CEOs can encourage healthy activities in their companies, and also features several real companies that have used this program and implemented worksite wellness programs.
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) created the "Total Worker Health" program to guide employers intending to establish effective worksite wellness programs in order to improve worker health. The program provides resources on how to create a comprehensive worksite wellness program.