The purposes for the Workforce Development Workgroup are to:
- Make recommendations for a "grandparenting” process for certifying CHWs.
- Implement the modified delivery of online CHW core skills training curriculum.
- Continue working on the implementation plan for the CHW core skills training based upon approved feasibility recommendations, as well as results of the 2018 focus group conducted with CHW members.
- Make recommendations for the certification process for CHWs who complete the CHW core skills training.
- Make recommendations for continuing education processes and requirements for certified CHWs.
The Workforce Development Workgroup has two co-chairs who lead monthly workgroup meetings and attend Advisory Board meetings. For information about workgroup meeting agendas, minutes, or the schedule of upcoming meetings, please contact McKell Drury at the Utah Departmartment of Health, (801) 538-6896.