Living Well with Chronic Conditions Self-Management Program (CDSMP) and the Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMP) are evidence-based programs developed by Stanford University. These six-week workshops are taught in groups and offered in community settings throughout the state, including senior centers, churches, libraries and hospitals. To find a workshop near you visit www.health.utah.gov/arthritis/classes/cdsmp.php.
Learn more about Chronic Disease Self-Management Education (CDSME) programs in Utah by downloading and printing the CDSME Infographic (PDF).
Subjects covered in workshops include:
- Techniques for frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise to maintain and improve strength
- Appropriate use of medications and proper nutrition
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- How to evaluate new treatments
Family members, friends, or caregivers are also welcome to attend.
Workshops are FREE. Class materials (book, CD) may cost depending on location.
To learn more about the program visit www.health.utah.gov/arthritis/classes/livingwell.html.