School Health Profiles
School Health Profiles (Profiles) is a survey of school health policies and practices in states. Profiles is conducted every 2 years by the Utah Department of Health. Profiles monitors the status of:
- School health education requirements
- Physical education and physical activity
- Asthma and other chronic disease management activities
- Family and community involvement in school health programs and activities
- Policies to protect students from unintentional injury
Here is a summary of results from the 2012 survey.
Youth Risk Behavior Survey
The Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) is a survey of adolescents. The survey is conducted in every state every 2 years. YRBS monitors health-risk behaviors including:
- Behaviors that contribute to unintentional injuries and violence
- Alcohol and other drug use
- Tobacco use
- Unhealthy dietary behaviors
- Inadequate physical activity
Here is a summary of results from the 2011 survey.