TOP Star Training
Welcome to the online TOP Star training! Whether you're a child care provider in a home, center or preschool, this is the required trianing to obtain a TOP Star Endorsement for your facility.
The TOP Star training is comprised of six workshops about preventing childhood overweight. This training is approved by the Office of Child Care and Utah Registry for Professional Development (URPD) for six hours of continuing education credit. These hours may be put towards professional development credit such as Child Development Associate (CDA), Licensing Requirement, or Career Ladder Credit (CLC).
- Watch each TOP Star workshop.
- To begin, click the "Register Button" and fill in the required information.
- Then click on the each module, one at a time and complete all six.
- Make sure you download the handouts and follow along to complete the activities. Your TOP Star Consultant may review these with you.
- You will also complete knowledge checks along the way; a passing score of 80% or higher is required to obtain credit.
- To obtain your continuing education credits, upload your certificate to your Care About Childcare provider profile. Also, print/save your certificates (as they show your hours) that may go towards your professional development or licensing requirements. These are important to keep for your own records.
- Contact your local TOP Star Consultant to learn how your facility can become TOP Star Endorsed!
Thank you for your interest in TOP Star. Enjoy the training and have fun!