School Nurse Summer Institute, Orientation and Review has merged with USOE Student Advocacy Services Conference
- Date: June 7-9, 2016 Time: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Location: Timpanogos Intermediate/Wasatch High School Heber City, Utah
UDOH School Health Grant will reimburse travel, accommodations, and food for school nurses traveling > 50 miles when appropriate UDOH forms are submitted at the end of conference
USOE registration for the event is $50.00 Register here.
School Nurse Track is designed for the new and experienced school nurse to develop and refine best practice knowledge and skills related to the professional field of school nursing. Experienced school nurses are encouraged to take advantage of breakout sessions in other tracks on June 9th if you have previously attended the School Nurse track offerings.Register for the Summer Conference Now!
School Nurses, the links to the right of your screen are for you! They will provide you with information that will help you with your daily duties which may include some of the following:
- Case Management for students with chronic health conditions
- Health Education - providing health education to students, staff and parents
- Healthy Environment - identifying health and safety concerns in the school environment and promoting a nurturing social environment
- Nutritional Services - supporting healthy food services programs
- Physical Education/Activity - promoting healthy physical education, sports policies and practices
- Counseling - providing health counseling, assessing mental health needs, providing interventions and referring students to appropriate school staff or community agencies
- Parent/Community Involvement - promotes community involvement in assuring a healthy school, serves as school liaison to a health advisory committee.
- Staff Wellness - provides health education and counseling, promote healthy activities and environment for school staff
Additional resources for Utah School Nurses can be found at the Utah School Nurse Association website