The Utah Protection of Athletes with Head Injuries Act requires a child to be promptly removed from participating in a sporting event if a concussion is suspected or has occurred. The child may not return to play until he/she has received medical clearance. All amateur sports organizations (including public and private schools) must adopt a concussion policy. More information about concussion laws and policies can be found at the Violence and Injury Prevention Program website under Sports Concussions.
- Head Injuries – R277-614-1
- Vision Screening – UCA 53A-11-20
- Nurse Practice Act – UCA 58-31b Part 1
- NPA Administrative Rules – R156-31b
- Immunizations – UCA 53A-11 Part 3
- School Safety – R392-200-9
- Health Exams (only reference to scoliosis screening) – UCA 53A-11-201