School Nurse Summer Institute
The next School Nurse Summer Institute will be held June 17-19, 2019.
PREPaRE: School Crisis Prevention and Intervention
This training is designed to help schools meet the needs of the students, staff, and families following a crisis event. PREPaRE curriculum was developed by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). The curriculum builds on existing personnel, resources and programs, links to ongoing school safety efforts, provides for sustainability, and can be adapted to individual school needs and size.
Workshop 1: Crisis Prevention and Preparedness: Comprehensive School Safety Planning
- June 17, 2019
- LDS Hospital
- Cost: $15 (Materials fee of $35 will be covered by Utah State Board of Education)
- Participants: Up to 100
- CNE: 6.5 CNE when attending full day. Partial credit will not be awarded.
Workshop 2: Crisis Intervention and Recovery: The Roles of the School-Based Mental Health Professional
- June 18–19, 2019 (June 18 at LDS Hospital, June 19 at USBE)
- Cost: $30 (Materials fee of $45 will be covered by the Utah State Board of Education)
- Participants: Up to 40
- CNE: 12 CNE when both days of Workshop 2 are attended. Partial credit will not be awarded.
Note: Participants may elect to take one workshop or both; the workshops are separate, yet complimentary. Having completed one workshop is not necessary to take the other.
For more information please see the event flyer.
Registration is open now.
|June 17-19, 2019||School Nurse Summer Institute||8:00 AM|
School Nurse Summer Institute Handouts
- Communicable Disease
- Communicable Disease Handout
- Dental Active Kids Guide
- Dental Active Kids Guide Spanish
- Dental Elementary
- Dental Resources Statewide OHP (August 2015)
- History of School Nursing
- Medical Home
- Oganization and Prioritization
- Scope and Standards
- Seizure 101
- Speaking Education Language
- Student Injuries
- Workload Handouts