COVID-19 and Your Worksite
As an employer during this challenging time of COVID-19, you likely have many questions.
- What do I do if an employee tests positive?
If you have an employee test positive for COVID-19, a member of the Utah Department of Health’s Worksite Team will be reaching out to provide resources and make sure you have the latest information about best practices. You can also find information on the state's corona virus website.
If you haven’t heard from anyone, you can reach out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a team member will respond ASAP.
- Am I required to provide information to the health department?
Yes, under Utah Code §26-6-6(8), individuals aware of those with a communicable disease are required to report other possible suspected exposures.
- What happens with that information?
If the individual is determined t be at risk for COVID-19, it may be entered into a communicable disease database at the Utah Department of Health.
Please inform your employees that you are providing their information to public health and that someone will contact them as soon as possible to gather information and provide appropriate guidance. Please note that public health will assess exposure risk and provide relevant instructions to employees. This may include a recommendation to quarantine for up to 14 days based on their exposure.
- How do I protect my business and other employees?
As a business owner, you probably have a lot of questions.
- How does it benefit my business to have healthier employees?
- How will this affect my bottom line?
See the story of how worksite wellness benfited the employee health of one company, and the health of their bottom line.
As an employee, you probably have a lot of questions.
- How can I arrange to exercise or eat healthy at work?
- How can my employer help me achieve my goals?
- How does the Affordable Care Act affect my insurance coverage?
- How can I help my employer start a wellness program at my worksite?
The answers to these questions and others can be found here in the worksite section of choosehealth.com. The information available here will help you understand the meaning of worksite wellness, along with the benefits of having a worksite wellness program. You can also learn how to implement a worksite wellness program at your workplace.